UltraGrid 1.3 releaseDecember 2014
New UltraGrid 1.3 has just been released. The release can be obtained from our pages. The tarball with source code is available via SourceForge linked from there.
The important changes include:
- further Windows compatibility, including GPUJPEG
- added encryption support
- added AV Foundation capture (for MacOS X)
- added CUDA implementation of LDGM (for high-bitrate streams, as our previous CPU version was limited to about 800Mbps even with fully vectorized design on modern processors)
- added logo capture filter (allows, e.g., overlay of your logos over the video)
- added dynamic rate limiter
- do not occupy recv port if not used (allows separate sending and receiving instances running on a single machine)
- support for new operating systems (OS X 10.10, Ubuntu 14.10, Windows 8)
- added resize capture filter
- added RTSP capturer (allows capture from RTSP-enabled IP cameras)
- standard encapsulation for H.264 and A-law/u-law/OPUS audio and RTSP server (compatibility with the VideoLAN client, for instance)
There is also whole lot of other smaller bug fixes that were introduced since 1.2 release.
Latest NewsAll news
A new minor release of UltraGrid is now available at the download page or at Github. Among other features from now on UltraGrid comes with built in NDI® support. NDI libraries have still to be installed separately. For the installation instructions please follow the UltraGrid Github Wiki.
CESNET and the Laboratory of Advanced Networking Technologies (SITOLA) are happy to announce a new stable release of the UltraGrid software for low-latency and high-quality video transmissions over IP networks. The current stable release is versioned 1.7 and is available for download for all supported platforms at http://www.ultragrid.cz/.